Good Afternoon, RCPO!
The Recreation Department is thrilled to announce that the 2020 Santa’s Delivery Event is in the works and slated to take place despite a crazy year enduring the COVID-19 Pandemic! Similar to all our Township operations and programs, this year’s event will look a little different with health and safety guidelines in place to protect our employees, volunteers, and residents.
The 2020 Santa’s Delivery event will take place slightly earlier, on Sunday, December 6th in order to allow our supporting team members more time to get ready for the holidays (usually, the event is the following weekend and on a Saturday, which tends to be more challenging for folks’ schedules). We will meet at the Township Building in the Main Entrance and Radnorshire Room at 11:30 AM – gather for approximately 30 minutes to enjoy some light fare and hear announcements, then head out on our magical journey around 12:00/12:30 PM. We hope our date/time modification allows greater convenience for you and your family during this busy time of year.
This year’s event will have some variables that we will continue to monitor, such as the course COVID-19 continues to take with rising cases that could cause an abrupt cancellation of the event, along with lighter than usual participation. Typically, we have 5 motorcade routes in what makes for one of the biggest and most exciting nights of the year. However, this year’s participation could cause us to trim our routes back considerably – or they might be the same – we just don’t know until gift registration occurs.
Want smiling, happy children to stare at you like you are the best person ever??
Supporting roles are integral to our success, but may be available on a limited basis.
We need individuals to serve as gift delivery drivers, present runners, play the role of SANTA CLAUSE and to serve as an Elves to help Santa! Positions are limited and may go fast. We are also going to limit the amount of individuals in vehicles as much as possible this year. If you’re interested in helping out again, or for your first time, please let me know right away – again, the date is Saturday, December 6th from around 11:30 AM to potentially evening (duration will depend on participation).
Gift Drop off will take place at the Radnor Township Building on Saturday, November 28 (day after Black Friday) and support is needed for this portion of the event as well from 7:30 AM to approximately 11:30 AM to help us receive and organize gifts for what will be a one-day-only gift drop off for families – gifts will not be received at any other time or place.
What else are we doing to safeguard against COVID-19??
- NO Multiple-Family Stops, Holiday Parties, or Large Gatherings will be allowed to participate - Families must participate on their own at their residence.
- NO gifts accepted during delivery.
- Strict social distancing will be required at Gift Drop Off and on Delivery Night – if Santa doesn’t feel comfortable handing out gifts, he can gently place them on the ground for participants as they will be in a plastic, Ziplock bag.
- Face masks and face coverings must be worn by Participants and Staff at Gift Drop Off and on Delivery Night.
- Staff members will wear protective gloves at Gift Drop Off and on Delivery Night.
- No Pictures WITH Santa this year! Pictures OF Santa only or 'Santa Photo Bombs' ONLY (Santa's safely 6' behind your photo).
- Handouts will be limited this year.
- Gift will be no larger than 6" Length x 6" Width x 8" Height and gifts that exceed these dimensions WILL BE REFUSED and participation declined.
Thank you for your kind consideration in participating this year, please don’t hesitate to reach out to me with any questions!
Tammy S. Cohen
Recreation & Community Programming Department
301 Iven Avenue, Wayne, PA 19087
610-688-5600, x 141
Check out our Department on Facebook & Instagram!